New approach to silat...
After reading my earlier post of the goal I have set earlier this year, I feel that I am on my way of achieving it. Let's recap...
I wrote that I wanted to recoup my "investment" of formulating the training since 2003 and now I have been able to conduct clinics for people who are interested to internalise their fighting skills. They readily pay the fees to join a 6 pupil to a class session. The feedback that I am getting is very encouraging indeed and I am getting repeat customers for it. The participants felt that the session is worth the money that they are paying. Now, this has led to another approach to silat training in general.
If people are willing to pay per session for silat training, this definitely augurs well for the future for all silat trainers. I feel that we should not restrict a pesilat to train under just one silat school but look out for good silat trainers that can enhance their fighting skills. To further encourage, excite and enthuse people so that they will sign up for such classes, the National Tournament should be organised for pesilat to compete as individuals rather than representing a perguruan (silat school). This will allow more people to compete and will increase the revenue for the promotion of the martial art.
All Perguruans are still relevan because they will be the portal to get people to enter the world of silat but after that the pesilat must be able to decide which trainer will further enhance the skills that they want be it the performing or fighting skills...
Until this is realised where it does not matter which perguruan you come from, my clinics only open to people that either come from my perguruan or other martial arts. I will not be able to teach sincerely to pesilat that has no intention to join Macan Pasrah and yet still goes back to their respective perguruans after that...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home