I would have never thought this could happen
I am enjoying every moment of my involvement in silat. Who may have thought that silat has become one of the major thing in my life. It was lost when I got married in 1986 and I thought that's it for me. But now everyone in my family is involved in it directly or indirectly.
Silat has increased my circle of friends and given new directions in my life. I could now explore the many ways in our own Silat Macan Pasrah to effect any attacks, defence and counterattacks during a match. It takes a lot of faith and courage to be able to execute the techniques. Once the practioner is able to execute it, the technique will be his/hers forever.
Whenever I thought that there is only so much techniques in our art, something comes out and blew me away. Eventhough I may not be the one executing it the best way, all the other loyal pesilat can execute it with ease. Recently, I have discovered a version of the set piece that can be employed to compete in the "Best of the Best" format which I have spoken of earlier. It may take a few more trainings for the persilat to master it but I have already seen some of our pesilat executing it during our regular sparring session.
I sincerely hope we can master the technique, even the sweeping technique has since been improved.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home