Saturday, November 18, 2006

Important point raised...

Razali from Kembang Wali called me the other day to inform me that Ramlan from Warisan SP wanted me to attend an informal meeting to discuss about a joint activity for the month of December. I was pleased to know that they have included us in it and I was looking forward for the meeting that night.

It was a Thursday night and the meeting was held at our usual spot which is a coffeeshop in Woodlands. Everyone was there when I arrived and Ramlan passed me the schedule of a training camp that they are going to organised.

After we had discussed about the camp we started to put across our opinions about the development of silat at present. Ramlan brought out one point that I had to disagree with.

It was about whether it is permissible for a pesilat from another perguruan after joining the present perguruan performed his/her skills from the previous perguruan in the show organised by his/her present perguruan. My opinion is definitely not. This is because it may lead to the general public that his/her present perguruan is able to teach or have connections from his/her previous perguruan.

However, if this pesilat in future opens his/her own perguruan and is able to get acknowledgement from all the perguruans that he/she had learnt before, then he/she can teach and perform all the techniques that he/she had from all the previous perguruans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

   Free Web Page Hit Counter
1 800 Dentist