Finally I got to meet my Secondary School buddies.
I was always envious to see my wife with all her ex-classmates. I was the one who had asked her to contact her friends again. She managed to get most of her friends because some of them still stay in the area unlike me.
You see, my sec sch was very far away from where I stay. I stayed in Toa Payoh but my school was at Old Airport Road. All my classmates stayed in East. Therefore when my schooling was over, I never go down to the East-side anymore and that was how I finally lost contact with them. It has been 20 years since I met most of them.
Suddenly by chance after 20 years, I met Rajendran at Cheng San CC. He is now called Gerard and a successful dancer/chreographer. He could not recognise me at first since I have put on a lot of weight. But he was surprised that it was me. Gerard is the link to all my buddies is school.
So I thought I could get reunited with all my friends again but it took me many months until I almost give up on him and suddenly he sms me one Saturday morning saying that all my buddies want to see me that evening. I was so excited and put off all my appointments for that day just to be able to see them again.
That day all I talked about was how I was looking forward to see them until I got to the nerves of my family. Time seem to pass very slowly and there was no confirmation from Gerard. Finally I called him and he said the meeting was cancelled. What a bummer!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home