Friday, September 02, 2005

Lessons Learnt so far...

The many lessons learnt so far, however somethings have never changed and I thank the Almighty for that...

1. Choices...
I refuse to change. I do not want to be a JERK...
This lesson arose during the tournament when one of my prized fighter came just a moment late for the match. We were disqualified for it. I went straight to the team manager of our opponent and even pleaded with him to allow us to compete. But he refused calmly but firmly. I did not know what to do since I was the only one confronting this issue. (Oh how I wish Arwah was there...Alfatihah)

I could easily be a JERK and tell off that team manager something like,..."What? Are You afraid to fight us, is it ?" Knowing that team manager, he would not back down to a challenge like that and our fighter could continue the match. But what will happen after that? Our friendship will be gone forever. All the years that I have built this will be gone in a moment. Therefore I chosed to keep the friendship in tact and accept the consequences, not losing the sight for the fact that we were the one that caused the Walk Over match...

2. Be careful with what I wrote...

I had written at our homepage something like..."If any of you come late for the tournament, we will not appeal against it and the match will be a Walk Over..."
This has become a self-fulfilling prophecy for us. My intention of writing that down was to make those competing more serious about their participation but now it has backfired... I should have written something like... "If you are going to be late please let the team manager know at least 30 minutes earlier and he/she can ask for a postponement..."

3. Rumour Mongering...

I know I should confront the people that were being rumoured upon. I did but I actually did not get the right answer. I should restrict the answer to just "YES OR NO"... the matter can be solved easily but allowed a string of explanation instead and with the negative impression together with other remarks, I had misinterpreted it wrongly. I had apologised to the party concern and we have since moved on.....

I went to Alvin Lim's workshop again and after that session it just reaffirm my desire to become a trainer 5 years down the road. I really like what he had done during the workshop and this definitely had made a deep impression in me. I will start off by taking psychology lessons....hmmmmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

   Free Web Page Hit Counter
1 800 Dentist