OUTSOURCING....
Outsourcing... this is the buzzword happening around the people at work.
All non-teaching staff is faced with the possibility of being retrenched in the near future. Possibly in 2008. What are we going to do. There are some people gathering to pray that this will not happen. But I think their effort will be a waste of time.
Like any other thing that the government wants to do, they have planned it way way ahead. With the fact that the school are doing away with the Science Practical Exams by 2006, shows that Laboratory Technician need not be a government personnel anymore.
So what is it to expect. How am I going to deal with the advent of such circumstances. The retrenchment benefit is very attractive to me. By 2008, my service will 14 years or maybe even 16 years if they take my NS into account.
Most probably I will take the retrenchment benefit. I will be 44 years old then. What I hope for is I will still be healthy by then.
At first, before I write here I thought finding another job or retaking my 'A' Levels would be the top priority. However now I realise that being healthy will be most important of all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home