What an adventure it turned out to be...
The rain cleared just before we started the activity. We were all very relieved and thankful that it did. Yes whatever we planned did not really turned out that way but like all my previous activities, we customised and be creative as possible in the process of making it a success nevertheless.
Some of the participants had to backed out because they thought they could bring their own bicycle. But the remaining two participants that we consider as an outsider, stayed on. They turned out to be very helpful as we started our adventure.
Atim, Farhan, Jumaat, Adham, Zulhelmi, Khairi, Fadli and Hazim handled the transportation of the bicycles very well. While Yana, Ainul, Marshita and Maisarah kept the participants occupied before we managed to bring all the bicycle to Kallang Gas Works. The games though were quite inappropriate I think, but we managed to have fun with the preliminary water bombings.
We started the night cycling but it was a let down at the esplanade, as there were no big celebration at all. I guess you all know about the the Tsunami incident. But the climax is yet to come...
So we rode back to Kallang, where I ferried the bicycle together with the riders. It was on schedule as we managed to start our night-cycling at East Coast on time.
Since my team was the last to ride off, we were greeted at the so called first PITSTOP by waterbombs. The place was perfect because there was abundance supply of water and soap at the toilet; and it was also deserted. So only our group was there... It was great man, as we ran at each other and I managed to PERSET those who was too close for comfort. I was kidding around with my backthrust but Adham caught my leg and then I PERSET him down!!! hehe..
Atim and me was the main target but we managed to fight back by taking their waterfilled plastic bags and hit them back with their own ammo.
I thought, well, this was it as we rode off to our final destination at the other end of East Coast Parkway. But it was not to be.
We arrived at the destination safe and sound; managed to find a sitting area. So Atim and I went to the lorry to bring breakfast. As the lorry was in the park cause Atim had earlier drove it in, I was going to drive us out. I used the track which was a bit nearer but as we drove in, the lorry got caught in the mud and refused to move. The ground turned out to be just a pool of soft sand.
All the boys came but we were unable to push it out. So we called Richard (one of the participant) to help. He came and still his ideas didn't work as we didn't have enough power. So Zulhelmi and Jumaat summoned the big guys that were there. They came and my goodness, they literally lifted the lorry and pushed it out...
We thanked them profusely and they walked away. I thought well it was all over and I could finally drive out but BAMM !!! when I drove off a bit further from that spot, the lorry got caught again in the mud. So we summoned the help of the BIG GUYS again and they came again, faster with bicycles and again they carried the lorry out...
I felt relieved and embarrassed all at the same time. I guessed everyone could take something back through that experience for sure...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home