Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Well, it has been quite sometime that I am writing again. There were a few interesting things that happened...

Firstly, YES!!! we won the Pra-Remaja championship held on the 10th of October at Nanyang CC. It was a one day affair happening from 9 am to 9 pm. For a first time event for most of the perguruan, I think it's a success.

Not to take away any credit from anyone... I would like to thank Abg Sairi for putting in effort to make the pesilat to come down and train every Saturday at 5pm. The fitness of the pesilat were really up to standard. Abg Sairi had done a very good job in that department....

However, our olahraga specialist group namely Farhan, Luqman, Jumaat and Adham had also contributed tremendously to teach the techniques in order for us to win the tournament.

Of course the "never say die spirit" of the all the pesilats as well, played a crucial role...

We were regarded as underdogs in this tournament but the boys and girls really put up their very best performance even being able to execute techniques that were taught to them on that very day itself!!!

We certainly have a duty on our hands... that is to groom them into the best fighters for Macan... so that they can reach their fullest potential in Silat. We certainly going to have a very good team for next year's National Silat Tournament.

Lastly, I want to record an incidence at the tournament that can be a point of reference... After our team moved on to the semi-finals, Esha's team manager approached me. He said he wanted to put out his best team for the semi-finals. Some of his pesilat were too light for our pesilat.

He particularly wanted to change Fadli, cause he was like 10 kg heavier than his pesilat. I was a bit hesitant to change Fadli because he was one of our better fighter. But I see this as an opportunity to change Tiger because he would be fighting one of Esha's better fighter.

So I agreed to the change and we proceed to change Tiger with Rahim and Fadli with Zulhelmi.

The game started and true enough even Rahim could not beat this Esha's fighter. Then Shahir won. We were even again. Then Shahril lost by TKO. We were down again. Next Zafirah won and we were even again. At this point everyone urged me to change Zulhelmi back to Fadli. But I did not want to do that as this will cause unhappiness to Esha and it will defeat the objective of Silatulrahim (friendship) between perguruan. So I stuck to plan of fielding Zulhelmi. It was a very close fight with Zulhelmi winning the match and the rest is history....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

   Free Web Page Hit Counter
1 800 Dentist